Senior Physiotherapist, APA Titled Musculoskeletal Physiotherapist
B.App.Sci (Physio), M.Clin.Physio (Musc), M.Sci.Med (Pain Management)
Johnny graduated from the University of Sydney with a Bachelor of Applied Science (Physiotherapy) and recently completed two other master degrees, which were Master of Clinical Physiotherapy (Musculoskeletal Physiotherapy major) in Curtin University and Master of Science in Medicine (Pain Management) in The University of Sydney.
Throughout his study path, Johnny has been trained to provide comprehensive musculoskeletal pain assessment and management to chronic pain population. He has worked in both private clinics and public hospitals and specialised in managing various types of musculoskeletal conditions. He is also currently working in a multidisciplinary pain clinic as a senior pain physiotherapist and helps patients reach their goals.
In his free time, he enjoys playing squash, running, and working out at the gym. He likes spending time with friends and loves travelling. Johnny can speak English and Korean fluently.
Musculoskeletal, Sports and Orthopaedic Physiotherapy
- The complete lumbar spine and pelvis (Australian Specialist Physiotherapy Education)
- The complete upper quadrant (Australian Specialist Physiotherapy Education)
- Masterclass symposium 2014 to 2016 (Australian Specialist Physiotherapy Education)
- Certificate in orthopaedic manual therapy course (Manual Concepts)
- A cognitive-functional approach to the management of disabling low back disorder (Australian Physiotherapy Association)
- Sports level 1, 2 (Australian Physiotherapy Association)
- Musculoskeletal segmental and dry needling for physiotherapists (Australian Physiotherapy Association)
Pain Medicine and Mental Health
- Placebo symposium (Royal Northshore Hospital Pain Team)
- Cognitive behaviour therapy certificate of online training (Oxford Cognitive Therapy Centre)
- Mood disorders course: The Foundations, Psychological and Medical approaches (The University of Sydney, Discipline of Psychiatry)
- Anxiety disorders course: The foundations and treatments (The University of Sydney, Discipline of Psychiatry)
- Anxiety disorders course for GPs: Managing anxiety disorders in primary care (The University of Sydney, Discipline of Psychiatry)
- Health coaching for health professionals (Health Change Methodology)
- Chronic disease self-management training: Behavioural interventions (Australia Psychological Society)
- Explain pain (Neuro-orthopaedic Institute)
“The most important difference between a good and an indifferent clinician lies in the amount of attention paid to the story of the patient.” -Sir Farquhar Buzzard-